Guildford Chiropractic Centre is based at the beautiful Burchatts Farm Barn on Stoke Park less than 1 mile from the centre of Guildford. This is the Clinic's third home in the local area. The clinic has a long history serving the community of Guildford since 1953!
We are one of the oldest Chiropractic clinics in the UK. Our multidisciplinary clinic currently provides chiropractic, physiotherapy and clinical massage services to help relieve patient pain and aid in health and well-being.
Husband and wife, Donald and Elizabeth Bennett, founded the Guildford Chiropractic Centre at The Gate House, Abbotswood, in Guildford in 1953. Elizabeth had come from a long line of chiropractors; both her father and grandfather having practised the profession. Donald and Elizabeth's son, Russell, joined them in 1979 and took over the running of the practice during the ensuing years.
Donald and Elizabeth were also instrumental in setting up the internationally renowned Anglo-European College of Chiropractic (AECC) in Bournemouth, and both held posts in the British Chiropractic Association.
New Inn Surgery
2006 – 2019
In 1991 Alain Michelotti joined the practice with 21 years of chiropractic and physiotherapy experience. Before qualifying as a chiropractor at AECC he spent several years working as a physiotherapist in his native France. Alain enabled Guildford Chiropractic Centre to expand the scope of our services by offering both treatment types to patients of the clinic.
Upon Russell’s retirement in 2006, Alain took over as Practice Principal. He moved the practice to its home above the New Inn GP Surgery in Burpham, just a short distance from our original location. As a beautiful grade II listed building, thought to be the oldest Building in Burpham, it has been a wonderful home for us over the years, and a lovely setting for our patients to receive the care and treatment they require.
2017 - today
In 2011, chiropractor Philip Hehir joined the GCC family and after 6 years of working together, Alain decided to pass the reins over to him. In 2017 Philip and Annie Hehir became the new guardians of the Clinic acting as Practice Principal and Practice Manager whilst continuing to treat their patients.
The big move
As much as we enjoyed our time at the New Inn, it was not been without its issues. One of which was our ability to offer services to those less mobile due to our practice being up a small flight of stairs, without any kind of lift or wheelchair access. This is something we long wanted to remedy, to make chiropractic care accessible to anyone and everyone. So we went on the hunt for a new home!
With that, we have now relocated to Burchatts Farm Barn on Stoke Park. The barn is just 2 minutes away from our previous premises, and even closer to our original site at Abbottswood where it all began in 1953. We will continue our tradition of occupying and caring for Guildford’s beautiful historic buildings.