Sports Massage and Soft Tissue Therapy
Sports Massage is not just for sports people. Whatever your age, activity level, health condition or occupation, regular targeted massage by a clinically qualified therapist can be hugely beneficial.
Annie Hehir (Nee Colman) is Guildford Chiropractic Centre’s Soft Tissue Therapist.
Annie holds a BSc. (Hons). Degree in Applied Sports Science, a BTEC Lvl. 5 Dip. Soft Tissue Therapist. She is a fully qualified Sports Massage Therapist, Advanced Biomechanics Coach and Clinical Pilates Instructor. In addition, Annie has further training in pregnancy massage, pre- and post-natal pilates, kinesiology taping and podiatric biomechanics.
For three years, Annie was the Lead Sports Therapist for the London Lions professional basketball team based at the Olympic Park. She has also worked in Cobham and Horsley for over eight years.
Annie enjoys treating and teaching clients from all areas of life and sport with clients who’s issues are related to all kinds of lifestyles. From desk workers, to international jet setters, builders and gardeners, weekend warriors, fitness instructors, Olympic medal winning athletes and everything in between.
Who and What Can Soft Therapy Help?
– Muscular aches and pains
– Sports massage for performance or recovery
– Minor soft tissue injuries
– Relieving symptoms of tendon and ligament sprains
– Muscle strains
– Joint alignment, posture and muscle balance
– Loss of flexibility and tightness
– Referral from Chiropractor, Physiotherapist or other healthcare professional
– To relieve the symptoms of overuse injuries such as tennis and golfers elbow, Achilles tendinopathy, runners and jumpers knee and plantar fasciitis.